Ezra Coffee, a Black Woman-owned specialty coffee brand, is excited to announce that their ethically sourced, premium flavored coffee blends are now available in over 40 H-E-B retail locations and online at Target.com.
Ezra Coffee Co. was founded by Jessica Taylor in 2021 out of her passion for storytelling, coffee, and African American culture. Ms. Taylor’s mission in founding Ezra Coffee Co. is to connect community, culture, and history over a flavorful cup of coffee without the need for milk-based creamers. A passionate storyteller, former educator and policy advocate and a long-time coffee aficionado, the brand celebrates inclusion, supports education and community and honors Black history and American history through coffee. Ezra Coffee’s blends tell powerful stories of Black culture—tales of opportunity, freedom and perseverance in American history.
Each unique blend is inspired by African American and BIPCO histories, figures, and cultures. Some of Ezra’s best-selling blends include:
- 64th & Tulsa, a medium dark roast that honors the significance of Black Wall Street in the Greenwood District of Tulsa and the Presidential signing of the Civil Rights Act in 1964.
- Lorde Baldwin, a bold, powerful Kenyan AA-based blend, that honors literary icons Audre Lorde and James Baldwin, writers who unapologetically fought against social inequality
- Candied Yams, made ‘for the culture’ this seasonal blend of light roast coffee infuses the sweet taste of the classic southern dish. Prepare a creamy cup of comfort, love, and southern tradition.
- Le Grand Duc 1928, This medium roast is a decadent, cognac infused blend that is perfect for the sophisticated palate. Its name pays homage to Eugene Bullard, the first black combat pilot and owner of Le Grand Duc, a famous Parisian nightclub.
- Toasted Southern Pecan, This rich light roast with a buttery nut taste, and a forestry aroma. The pecan was first domesticated in St. James Parish in Louisiana around 1846 by Antoine, an enslaved horticulturist.
“My goal with Ezra Coffee Co. is to always highlight the stories, legacies and experiences of African-Americans who have contributed to our collective American history,” explains Taylor. “With each cup of bold and flavorful coffee, Ezra [Coffee] informs, empowers and inspires coffee connoisseurs and novices everywhere.”